[vtkusers] [VtkEdge] Volume rendering questions

AGPX agpxnet at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 6 11:55:09 EST 2009

Hi,

surely the GPU rendering mode (vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper mapper) of the VTKEdge have some problems. I have posted two issues on February (with video), but unfortunately they still are in 'new' status. I hope that these bugs will be removed before the final release will be released (look at: http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=8549 and http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=8548 for details). In addition to the one posted, I have discovered also a problem similar to your.... that is when I try to fly inside a volume, sometimes it disappears with no reason (I think that most problems are related to the clipping algorithm of the mapper). This is sad because the vtkKWEGPUVolumeRayCastMapper is the volume mapper of VTK/VTKEdge (in speed and quality).

I hope that someone can help...

- AGPX