[vtkusers] Volume rendering questions

Loris Vosilla loris.vosilla at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 07:45:57 EST 2009

Dear Vtk and vtkedge users,

I'm using vtkKWEVolumeMapper to volume render a three dimensional blood
vessel.
If I use as rendering mode RayCastAndTexture I don't have any problem, but
If I use
the GPURenderMode I obtain strange resuts:

1) When I draw the volumetrical object with a vtkcamera outside of the
object self
   the rendering works fine, but as soon as the camera enters in the volume
I can't see
   anything.  The opacity function is properly set.  This problem doesn't
come if I use
   RayCastAndTexture  drawing method.  If needed I can post screenshots of
what is
   happening.

2) If I want to draw two volumetrical view in two different viewports only
one is drawn
   using GPURenderMode. If I use RayCastAndTexture  drawing method both are
drawn.

Thanks for your help
-Loris