[vtk-developers] VTK modularization: initial pass at new modules

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 23:13:59 EST 2011

Hi Marcus,
   Firstly congratulations to you all on a brilliant first effort.

One minor change, could I suggest moving:
[Filters/Sources]

Graphics/vtkParametricFunctionSource.cxx:
Graphics/vtkParametricFunctionSource.h:

To:
[Core/ComputationalGeometry]

Logically vtkParametricFunctionSource belongs with the rest of the
vtkParametric classes.

They are used in the following manner:

// Select the function and source and then conect them to the
// mapper and actor.
vtkSmartPointer<vtkParametricMobius> mobius
= vtkParametricMobius::New();
vtkSmartPointer<vtkParametricFunctionSource> mobiusSource
= vtkSmartPointer<vtkParametricFunctionSource>::New();

I am not aware of any other uses so logically the class
vtkParametricFunctionSource should  reside in [Core/ComputationalGeometry].

Regards
   Andrew