[vtk-developers] VTK modularization: initial pass at new modules

Pebay, Philippe P pppebay at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 8 18:09:26 EST 2011

Thanks Marcus. I must say that I am impressed by the task which you are tackling here.

A first quick comment regarding the module currently called "Filters/Filters". I think that it is a bit too generic.

For instance vtkMeshQuality heavily relies on Verdict, currently located in Utilities.
One could therefore imagine a situation where someone does not want Verdict but still needs some basic filtering algorithms currently
in Filtering/Filtering.

How about having a Filtering/Verdict module? Granted it would contain only one class at this point but that would allow to entirely do away
with this library.

Also, for similar reasons I would recommend that the R adaptor and calculators be moved to Statistics.

Thanks again for this most useful and arduous work.

Philippe

--
Philippe Pébay
Sandia National Laboratories