[vtk-developers] VTK modularization: initial pass at new modules

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Mar 9 09:47:08 EST 2011

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Andrew Maclean
<andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>    Firstly congratulations to you all on a brilliant first effort.
> One minor change, could I suggest moving:
> [Filters/Sources]
>
> Graphics/vtkParametricFunctionSource.cxx:
> Graphics/vtkParametricFunctionSource.h:
>

> To:
> [Core/ComputationalGeometry]
> Logically vtkParametricFunctionSource belongs with the rest of the
> vtkParametric classes.

This is one case where it would be nice to keep it where it is. The
Core/ComputationalGeometry module should only depend on Core/Core
right now, but if we made this move then it would also depend on
Core/ExecutionModel. Filters/Sources would of course link to
Core/ExecutionModel, and to Core/ComputationalGeometry if necessary.

That said I have not gotten this far with the build system, but I
think it would be nice to keep the minimal dependency set for
ComputationalGeometry if this is feasible.

Marcus