[Paraview] Why are certain Paraview users ignored on this list?

iusadhfoias sidufasipudf asduifhssauidf at gmail.com
Mon May 28 09:20:33 EDT 2018

Dear Mathieu, dear list,
I meant to send another post to the list, asking what was wrong with this
post of mine:
https://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2018-May/042654.html
Accidentally, I only sent it to Mathieu, and he replied that Kitware
doesn't have enough Catalyst experts. Well, one person familiar with
starting a Catalyst session would be enough to check whether this is a
serious bug or a problem on my side. It doesn't take an expert. I got the
impression that Kitware is actively promoting Catalyst as _the_ next big
thing. If such a bug cannot be dealt with by Kitware, I'll rather develop
my own Catalyst replacement than waiting for solutions.

At least, it explains another ignored Catalyst question by Zhe, if Kitware
cannot answer Catalyst related questions.

However, I can't stop wondering whether it's really the content or how well
posed a question is and not the names of the users that ask, which decides
whether they receive an answer or not. I may return to this thread later
with more examples.

Many thanks,
Jussuf