[Paraview] Differences between OpenGL and OpenGL2 versions of ParaView

Adam Lyon lyon at fnal.gov
Thu Nov 19 00:38:36 EST 2015

Indeed you are right! I see the rendering you show for 5.0. Interesting
change with regard to setting the solid color first.

One thing I should note is that image manipulation (pan, zoom, rotate) is
quite slow in 5.0 compared to 4.4. For example, rotating the ring with a
solid color, I get frame-rates  (from the annotation text) of over 100 fps
with 4.4. With 5.0 I generally see about 20-25fps.  Do you see this too?
Thanks again!! -- Adam

*------*

*Adam L. Lyon*
*Scientist; Associate Division Head for Systems for Scientific Applications*

Scientific Computing Division & Muon g-2 Experiment
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
630 840 5522 office
www.fnal.gov
lyon at fnal.gov