[Paraview] Large TIFF file import in paraview fails

Bikash Agarwal agarwa4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:31:43 EST 2007

Hi All,

I added the vtkTIFFReader class to paraview and tried to open tiff files. It
worked fine for smaller files of arnd 5-6mb but when i tried opening a .tif
file of size 65mb, paraview crashed with the errror below:

ErrorMessage
# Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /root/Project/ParaView-
2.6-Source/VTK/Common/vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx (266)
 vtkIdTypeArray (0xd83f980): Unable to allocate 184320470 elements of size 8
bytes.
ErrorMessage end

I read jack's post about being unable to open large elevation files. What
might be the issue here? I'm running Paraview 2.6 on a fedora core 6 machine
with 3GB ram.

thanks,

Bikash Agarwal
Virtual Reality Group