[Paraview] Large TIFF file import in paraview fails

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:49:00 EST 2007

Trying to allocate that many elements at 8 bytes each takes
1,474,563,760 bytes or 1.4 GB. If ParaView was compiled for 32 bit
then you may have reached its limit. I know on my own OS X machine
with when ParaView gets much above 1GB of used RAM I should start
praying..

I don't pretend to know anything about memory management under any of
the Operating Systems. In my naive world, even in 32 bit mode there
should be at minimum about 2GB of Memory available, or 4GB if the
memory pointer that is used is and unsigned 32 bit integer. That is
in my own little world where I understand things. In the real world
it doesn't work that way. Maybe someone can explain it to us.

Cheers
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer