RES: [Paraview] Problems reading Ensight files

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Wed Aug 17 14:51:53 EDT 2005

Let's keep this on the ParaView mailing list.

Are you saying that when you load the .encas file
the entire data set loads properly or that there
are no errors in the .encas file itself?  To open
an EnSight data set, ParaView expects you to load
a case file (an ASCII file that points to
geometry and variable files), so if you try to
load geometry (.geo) or variable (.vel and .scl1,
in your data set) files directly instead of
to know what to do.  Also ParaView may have
trouble with the .encas file extension (assuming
this is your case file) since it expects EnSight
case files to have the extension .case.

- Amy