FW: RES: [Paraview] Problems reading Ensight files

Palmer, Teresa Teresa_Palmer at nrel.gov
Wed Aug 17 16:58:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm still having problems loading the Ensight files.  From the Fluent
manual this is what it says about exporting the Ensight data files:

EnSight Case Gold

There are four files:

A geometry file (e.g., file.geo) containing the coordinates and
connectivity information.

A velocity file (e.g., file.vel) containing the velocity.

A scalar file (e.g., file.scl1) for each selected variable or function.

An EnSight case file (e.g., file.encas) that contains details about the
other exported files.

You can specify the file Format as Binary or ASCII. The advantage of the
binary format is that it takes less time to load the exported files into
EnSight. You can specify the scalars you want in the Functions to Write
list.

file/export/ensight-gold file-name list-of-scalars q yes|no

These are the exact four files with the same extensions that I have. I
have now managed to load the .encas file but when I load the other files
nothing displays. When I click on Information they all say: Type -
unknown, 0 bytes, 0 points, 0 cells.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Teresa