[IGSTK-Users] Using Virtual ROM files with Aurora

Jon Eubank joneubank at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:54:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to track a tool using the Aurora system without hardcoding a
.rom file onto the tool's SROM chip.  This seems to be a standard and well
defined process that is handled when the tracker initializes.  I have
provided the tracker object the filename for the .rom I want to use, and
this file is read from when LoadVirtualSROMs() is called during
initialization.  However, once the tracker is initialized and running the
port/channel that the tool is attached to has not been enabled and the tool
will not track.  Is there a trick to doing this that I am missing?

If anyone has experience tracking tools with the Aurora system using virtual
ROMs not hardcoded onto the tool's SROM chip, any advice you can spare would
be greatly appreciated.  If you have any ideas I can provide more
information about my the process I am using to help work out the solution.

Thanks,
Jon Eubank
Working with Mike Daly and GTxEyes team at Princess Margaret Hospital in
Toronto