[IGSTK-Developers] MICCAI paper number one draft attached: softwarea development process and requirements

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Sat Jul 16 14:06:34 EDT 2005

Hi everyone:

There is no rest for the weary;) (who said that anyway?)

As promised on the tcon on Thursday, attached is the first draft of one of
the MICCAI papers.

I used the Word template from the Springer Site. The paper has four sections
in this draft:

1) introduction (motivation): Kevin wrote a draft, Stephen can help edit

2) software development process (iterations, sandbox, etc): Kevin Gary

3) requirements definition and tracking of requirements: Brian Blake

4) project management (Wiki, tcons, etc): Kevin Gary

This is just a suggestion. Any other comments / reordering etc are welcome.

But remember we only have four pages and it turns out that all our names and
affliations take about ½ a page.

But I would like to put everyone’s name on both papers since this is a team
effort.

So please check your name and affiliation and send me any corrections (like
I think I need the accent mark on Ibanez – or do they call that a tilde?)

Here is what I propose:

1)       Kevin Gary complete his sections

2)       Brian Blake complete his sections

3)       Send them to me and I will try to put together a draft for
Thursday’s tcon

4)       If Stephen has time he can edit section 1 now or wait until
Thursday and edit the draft

5)       Any other comments or suggestions are welcome

It would be great to get a draft by Thursday so we can then discuss it and
get comments from everyone next week – I can then send to my editor to
polish up before we submit for the July 30th deadline

Tomorrow morning I will try to work on the next paper – this is the
architecture paper that I will outline but put Luis as the lead author but I
expect that Julien, David, Rick, and perhaps Hee-su will contribute sections

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu