[vtkusers] vtkResliceImageViewer image quality problem

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:02:56 EST 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:55 PM Andrey <alekseev at rambler.ru> wrote:

> I run into strange issue with vtkResliceImageViewer in VTK 8.1.0. I use
> vtkResliceImageViewer for showing MPR image reconstruction from DICOM CT
> scan. And with particular scan I have artifacts on axial projection as you
> can see on the first image. The same scan in another 3DViewer has no such
> artifacts (the second image). The artifacts are exist on all projections I
> only choose here the one most obvious. There is no artifacts on oblique
> projections. There is no artifacts on 3D image (vtkImagePlaneWidget). I
> have
> not seen such artifacts before on another images. Have you any ideas what
> is
> it? What can be done to improve situaion?
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342685/bad_image.png>
> <http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342685/good_image.png>

Do the artifacts in vtkResliceImageViewer move around when you zoom in
and out?  If so, there is something strange happening with the texture
mapping.
If not, the problem is with the how VTK is processing the image.  What are
the
dimensions of the image?  Pixel spacing?

Since vtkResliceImageViewer uses vtkImageActor, you could try using
vtkImageActor directly to see if it produces the same artifacts.

   David