[vtkusers] Selecting the depth of point clouds

Anna1994 sweet.factory_92 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 11:14:57 EST 2019

I currently have a code where I can import a point cloud, select a specific
area via pcl::visualization::AreaPickingEvent and crop that area out. So far
I am selecting the area via VTK rubberband feature (triggered by x or X).
However, instead of having a rectangular shape to select the points, I would
like to have a cube that would select only the points inside the cube or
maybe select the points using the rectangle rubberband and then press
another button to select the depth. I am currently using QT, C++, VTK and
PCL. Is there any VTK function that would do that?

In Summary:

What I have now: trigger x, drag a rectangle, crop the area (with the entire
depth)

What I want: drag a cube shape, select the area inside the cube, crop that
area out OR select via rectangle rubberband then press another button to
select the depth.