[vtkusers] converting file from abaqus to vtk

baiqi cheng sigurd.cbq425 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 23:57:40 EDT 2018

Dear all,

I'm new to vtk file format. so, my question is pretty dumb.

I just want to ask is it possible to convert a 3D volumetric Abaqus file(a
simple cube with quadratic tetrahedron) to a legacy vtk file?

if so, which kind of geometry/topology type and dataset attributes should I
use in that case?

Btw, in the vtk file format.pdf provided online, on page 7, it says"
Polygons 6 30", I'm bit confused about the number 30, where is that come
from?

Best regards,
Aaron