[vtkusers] subtract two tubes via vtkLoopBooleanPolyDataFilter not possible

-Daniel- ich_daniel at habmalnefrage.de
Tue Feb 13 09:37:36 EST 2018

Hi all,

I've been trying to use vtkLoopBooleanPolyDataFilter to extract a
vtkPolydata object from a tube (vtkTubeFilter) . But I do not get a
successful result.
I also used vtkTriangleFilter and vtkCleanPolyData to clean up the
polydata's of the tubes.

vtkLoopBooleanPolyDataFilter bFilter = new vtkLoopBooleanPolyDataFilter();
bFilter.SetOperationToIntersection();
bFilter.SetOperationToDifference();
bFilter.SetInputData(0, pd1);
bFilter.SetInputData(1, pd2);
bFilter.Update();

bFilter.GetStatus() is 0! -> so it did not work

In the attached file you can understand it approximately. Two tubes are
created and then subtract from each other. Before that, I tried to clean up
the polydata objects.
BoolATube.java
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t313303/BoolATube.java>

Can anybody help me?