[vtkusers] Overlapping triangles

marf marvin.huber at basf.com
Mon Aug 6 11:07:32 EDT 2018

Ok, I came up with a first idea, but am still open to suggestions since I
really don't know if it works. The idea being:
For each triangle, take the centerpoint of its hypotenuse as a hash, and put
all triangles with the same hash together, then, check these triangles for
overlap, in my example all four triangles should have this same hash and
checking them against each other should not be to much work. Maybe I can
even assume, that since there are more then 2 triangles sharing this hash,
they are to be thrown out, but since it is 3D, this might only work for my
given example.