[vtkusers] Overlapping triangles

marf marvin.huber at basf.com
Mon Aug 6 10:59:38 EDT 2018

Hi together, some days back I was working on a custom loader and wanted to
get rid of inner faces in a 3D model. To do so, I simply picked all
duplicate faces and threw them away, but the result was not what I wanted.
By now I fugured out why:

I assumed, that equal faces have the same corners, but there is also the
case, where triangles can overlap to take in the same space, but not be
equal

<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/t342475/triangles.png>

If these two squares overlap, but I only know the triangles (and they only
party overlap), what would be an efficient way, to find them as being
duplicates?
Or am I orienting them wrong  and this causes the problem?

Greetings, marf