[vtkusers] QVTKWidget in QT GUI freezes other QWidgets

bartolomei-luca at virgilio.it bartolomei-luca at virgilio.it
Fri Oct 13 06:00:15 EDT 2017

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with the QT GUI I am creating. Basically, I have an interactive QWidget, a QVTKWidget and a "Quit" button.

When I launch my app, I can interact with the QWidget without any problem (I have a 3D interactive scene, where I can zoom and rotate).
However, as soon as the QVTKWidget becomes "active" (i.e. some function in my code start using it or if I click on it), both the QWidget and the QVTKWidget freeze. The app keeps on working, since the "Quit" button works as it should.

If I have a GUI with either the QWidget or the QVTKWidget (only one of them) everything works fine. The problem is if I try to include both of them at the same time.

Do you have any idea why this happens?
Thanks a lot for you help.