[vtkusers] Too many emails

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Mon May 8 09:24:50 EDT 2017

> Is visiting the webpage completely avoidable (how much information is lost by doing email-only)?

You can do everything from email and all information is included in the emails that are sent out. I'm not sure if you can set category/subcategory, tags, etc. when you create a new topic by email, but it is better to create new topics using the web interface anyway, as you can also preview formatting, mention people, copy-paste images directly from the clipboard, get suggestions to related posts before submitting a new topic, etc.

> Email works for me because I can handle lots of projects in one place without having to visit umpteen different websites

Same here, it's good to have one inbox for all incoming questions and requests. The nice thing is that you can still get emails as usual, but if you visit the website you get lots of additional features.

> usually with as many different logins

If the website asks me to log in (rarely happens, as it usually keeps me logged in), then I log in with a single click on "login with GitHub".

Andras