[vtkusers] vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter

Judith Schulte judith.schulte1191 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 04:00:04 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I am using the vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter to align meshes. It works fine
if the meshes have the same number of points. But the meshes that I use
have different number of points and I know that the
ProcrustesAlignmentFilter needs the same number of points. Therefore I
tried to downsample the number of points of the meshes with the function
cleanPolyData. The downsampling with this function is working but I cannot
set the number of points, only the tolerance. So after this cleaning the
meshes will still have a different number of points.

Do you have any suggestions, how I can downsample the meshes to get the
same number of points?
Because I want to align a set of meshes and therefore the Procrustes
Alignment will be very helpful. With ICP I can only align two point sets.

Thanks in Advance!

Judith