[vtkusers] Error in building VTKpython

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Tue Feb 21 04:52:03 EST 2017

> Hi Elvis
>
> I used cmake-gui. I checked the PYTHON_LIBRARY in CMakeCache.txt
>
> which is: PYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Python27/libs/python27.lib
>
> Is this same as passing  -DPYTHON_LIBRARY? Sorry for not very familiar with
> cmake. Thanks for answering my question

Sorry for the late response. Yes that's the same as passing
-DPYTHON_LIBRARY. Passing the .lib file like you do sounds right to
me, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never built on Windows (on Linux you
pass the .so file).

Maybe one of the VTK devs on Windows can jump in.

Elvis

PS. Keep the mailing list address in your replies so that everyone can
see, I added it back in this mail. DS.