[vtkusers] Error in building VTKpython

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Feb 10 02:43:20 EST 2017

Den 9 feb. 2017 7:31 em skrev "Yichen He" <yhe20 at sheffield.ac.uk>:

> Hello everyone
>
> My VTK version is 7.1.0, python 2.7, cmake 3.7.2 with VS2015 Win64
compiler. VS2015 under win10 64bits OS was used to build the solution.

> I am trying to build the vtkpython using the source code after I ticked
the VTK_WRAP_PYTHON in cmake. Many error appeared in the building process
which are mostly saying:

> LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp_PyString_FromString
> LNK2019 unresolved external symbol __imp_PyNumber_Divide referenced in
function "struct _object
> While other parts were successfully built. May I ask what could be the
cause of these errors

I'm not sure, but since it's failing to find symbols from the Python
library during linking, perhaps you need to pass -DPYTHON_LIBRARY as well.
I think you should give it the path to the Python .lib file, but I haven't
built VTK on Windows so better double check that.

Elvis

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ