[vtkusers] Error in building VTKpython

Yichen He yhe20 at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Feb 9 13:31:05 EST 2017

Hello everyone

My VTK version is 7.1.0, python 2.7, cmake 3.7.2 with VS2015 Win64
compiler. VS2015 under win10 64bits OS was used to build the solution.

I am trying to build the vtkpython using the source code after I ticked the
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON in cmake. Many error appeared in the building process which
are mostly saying:

   1. LNK2001 unresolved external symbol __imp_PyString_FromString
   2. LNK2019 unresolved external symbol __imp_PyNumber_Divide referenced
   in function "struct _object

While other parts were successfully built. May I ask what could be the
cause of these errors

Thank you.

Best regards
Yichen He