[vtkusers] How to understand the slab thickness, slab resolution, spacing

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 09:58:24 EDT 2017

Hi Zhang,

Note that vtkImageReslice does not know the thickness of the input slices.
It only knows the spacing of the input slices.  There is no "thickness"
information in vtkImageData.  So in your example, if the input spacing is
0.8mm, then vtkImageReslice still does not know the true "thickness" of the
input slices.

When you call SetSlabNumberOfSlices(n), the thickness of the output slabs
is n*(output spacing).  It is up to you to compute the number "n" that
provides the output thickness that you need.

 - David