[vtkusers] vtk static link in codeblocks

fabio riot fabio.riot at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:08:24 EDT 2016

Dear All,

I have built vtk 7.0 successfully, both static and dynamic lib (.so and .a)
in two different folders

So I create a project in codeblocks, copy the example cone.cxx into the
project.
I set the include path  and the static library ( lib.a) path.
But at the end of the project building i have a lot of:
undefined reference errors....

The problem doesn't occur when I set the linker path to the dynamic libs
(.so).

Furthermore, If I use cmake to generate a codeBlocks-unix makefile, it
works both using static and dynamic linking,

I would like to know why creating a project directly with codeblocks and
using static linking the build fails? Do I miss some setting or linker
option?

Regards,
Fabio