[vtkusers] Display Error under Ubuntu 16.04

Andrea Borsic aborsic at ne-scientific.com
Thu Oct 27 12:46:38 EDT 2016

Dear All,

I have successfully compiled VTK 7.0.0  under Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS on a
computer with the following hw configuration:

Processor: Intel Core i7

GPU: NVIDIA GTX Titan Black

---

VTK has been configured for:

OpenGL 2 back-end

Use Qt 5.7

Use OpenMP for SMP

Wrap Python 3 (ver 3.5.2 on the system)

---

A simple python script which displays an unstructured grid and which
works fine under Windows, opens (under Ubuntu) a rendering window and
crashes with the message below:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadDrawable
   Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  11 (X_GLXSwapBuffers)
   Serial number of failed request:  111

Do you have any hint about this? Should I try the RC 7.1 or switch to
the plain OpenGL back-end ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion,

Best Regards,

Andrea