[vtkusers] VTK slow to display 300 vtkArrowSource in real-time

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Oct 11 12:31:40 EDT 2016

It sounds like you are using 300 arrow sources and 300 actors. This is
expected to be very slow because of the overhead that each of the 300
actors brings.

The first thing I suggest you do is to  use either the append polydata
filter, or better still glyph filter, and better still the glyph mapper, to
render all of them simultaneously.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer