[vtkusers] announce: 7.1.0 is cooked, out of the oven, and ready for carving

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Mon Nov 28 11:31:31 EST 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 10:21:17 -0700, David E DeMarle said:
>
> >Read all about it here:
> >https://blog.kitware.com/vtk-7-1-0/
>
> Are there any screenshots of this vtkBillboardTextActor3D out there?
> Sounds like it could be useful for us...

Well, not any *nice* ones.... ;)

Here's the output of the test for it. It's sort ugly, but it shows that the
text is rendered at a fixed size (on the display) and pixel aligned while
still being embedded in the 3D scene and mixed with other geometry.

Let me know if you have questions about it / what it does and I'll be happy
to clear anything up.

Dave