[vtkusers] GLXBadFBConfig on switching from VTK6 to VTK7

Brody Huval brodyhuval at gmail.com
Wed May 11 14:40:28 EDT 2016

Hello,

When I switched from VTK 6 to 7 I got this error when I tried to run my program built with VTK:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadFBConfig
  Major opcode of failed request:  150 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  34 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  39

I am using X11 forwarding over an ssh tunnel (from my mac laptop to a ubuntu server) and my glxinfo on the server gives:

GLX version: 1.4
GLX extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine
OpenGL version string: 1.4 (2.1 NVIDIA-10.10.5.2 310.42.25f01)

This program works fine with VTK 6, and after a while of searching the closest post I could find was: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/933 <https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/933>. However, when using the specified environment variable at runtime it did not help. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Best,
Brody