[vtkusers] GLXBadFBConfig on switching from VTK6 to VTK7

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Wed May 11 16:47:49 EDT 2016

Hi Brody,

VTK 7 switched the default OpenGL backend used to the newer OpenGL2
backend.  This requires OpenGL 3.2 features to work properly, but X
forwarding only supports OpenGL 1.something.  The bad X call is probably
the request for a newer context.  Generally the solution people have used
is to switch to using VNC to view VTK applications on remote machines.
Others on the list may have more helpful advice though.

HTH,
Shawn