[vtkusers] VTK6.3 runtime crash when using vtkImageData as input for vtkImageAlgorithm

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:45:56 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 9:29 AM, D L <lackodan at outlook.com> wrote:

> Thanks again, that does the trick. I thought GetOutput() was also supposed
> to call Update() automatically.
>
> Out of curiosity, was this something that was introduced in VTK6? The last
> time I worked with VTK it with 5.10, and I remember using SetInput()
> without the intermediate Update()-s. I might be remembering wrong, of
> course.

Yes, this was one of the big changes introduced with VTK 6.

In VTK 5, the SetInputConnection(), GetOutputPort() methods were introduced
as the preferred way to create pipeline connections, and in VTK 6 the
SetInput()/
GetOutput() methods were modified so that they don't create pipeline
connections.
I believe that this was all part of a big plan, but sometimes it's hard to
tell ;)

 - David