[vtkusers] Installing VTK 7 on Windows 10 using MinGW

Aleksandar Atanasov redbaronqueen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:34:03 EDT 2016

Hi all!

The wiki article (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Building/Windows) on building
VTK on a Windows machine describes the whole procedure using the `Visual
C++ Compiler`. However if you have `MinGW` (for example in my case I have
the Qt 5.7 SDK with MinGW 5.3)  you can easily do the whole build and
install with the tools shipped with it. For the installation use
`mingw32-make.exe install` (or the 64bit equivalent) inside a normal prompt
(or Powershell) if you want to install it to a location where you have
normal access privileges or an Administrative prompt (or Powershell) if you
want to install it to let's say C:\VTK (as was in my case).

Since I don't have an account for the Wiki it would be really great if the
article is expanded to include the things I've described above.

Regards,
RB