[vtkusers] Best practice to interact/update with data through interactor ?

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Sun Jul 10 07:48:10 EDT 2016

Hi there,

When you say translate point through the Qt pop-up window, do you mean you
wish to render the geometry in a separate pop-up?

In terms of selection, you might have had a pointer to vtkPolyData that you
provided as input to vtkIdFilter. If not, you could use the vtkPropPicker
to get the actor under the mouse cursor. Once you have the actor, you can
do actor->GetMapper()->GetInput() to get the vtkPolyData.

Hope that helps.

*Sankhesh*