[vtkusers] Issue with vtkHardwareSelector on nvidia graphics card over ssh

Michael Barrow mbarrow at eng.ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 8 16:35:26 EDT 2016

hello all.

The vtkHardwareSelector class seems to be broken with nvidia's stock
libGL.so on my system
This is with nvidia binary driver version 352 on ubuntu 14.04 with vtk6. I
am using x forwarding via ssh which may be the issue.

To reproduce just build and run the example: ExtractVisibleCells
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Filtering/ExtractVisibleCells

The example fails to render a red overlay on visible faces on my system,
but works on another with no GPU.
The vtk SphereSource does render correctly and I am able to manipulate it
in the render window with my mouse.

Best,

Michael