[vtkusers] python 2.7 and vtk

Vikash Gupta Vikash.Gupta at loni.usc.edu
Wed Jan 27 19:15:30 EST 2016

Hi everyone,
This might be a solved problem but I was not able to find a solution that worked for me. So, if someone can help me out it will be really great.

I am trying to use vtkpython. I cannot install it using pip. So, I found the binary packages for python on the vtk website. The vtkPython executable seems like a python interpreter.
Is there a way I could use the classical Python 2.7 interpreter and still use the vtk modules. The reason, I am more inclined to use my old interpreter because I can use pip for installing packages.

Any help ??

Thanks
Vikash