[vtkusers] vtkPicker returned actor

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 13:45:59 EST 2016

Don't worry, I don't mind the fact that you repeat it, since you're helping a
lot I really don't mind.

So when I'm talking about rotation I'm talking about performing the
rotations on the vtkVolume class, not on the data. I'm guessing that is the
reason why I am getting problems because the dataset itself stays the same.

The rotation and/or translation that I apply are only applied to the
planeActor (vtkActor) or the volume that I render (vtkVolume).
I perform these by computing from my sensors in the tablet the correct
transformation matrix and then using actor->SetUserMatrix(myMatrix).
Of course, when I do so, I make sure tu update my reslice axes with the
setResliceAxes(). The matrix I give to this method is the result of
matrixVolume.inverse() * matrixPlane.

The fact that I'm only transforming my actors was the reason why I was
applying matrix and inverse multiplication in the first place.

Overall, it's a research project and the code is kinda messy since I'm still
learning how to use VTK and have to combine it with other frameworks that
I'm using as well. Sorry if I forget details, it's just that I don't want to
go into lengthy details about things coming from other frameworks.