[vtkusers] Requirements for multiple volumes in one render window

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Sat Feb 27 12:06:24 EST 2016

> Hi,
>
> From searching around, I think I've gathered that to render multiple
> volumes in a single window, each volume must have its own mapper and volume
> property. They can't share mapper or property.
>
> My question is whether I must use separate renderers for each volume as
> well, or if I can use the same renderer for them all?
>
> Also, I did read something in an old post about problems with rendering
> multiple volumes that intersect (share a voxel). Is this still a problem?
> I'm using VTK 6.2 and the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Including Donny's answer here, to keep the thread intact:

> See this thread:

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Rendering-multiple-volumes-td5734685.html#a5734971

Thanks, that clears some things up, and brings up some workarounds. That
thread was from oct/nov last year, so I guess it is still the case that
proper rendering of multiple volumes that share voxels in 3D space is not
possible? (even with 7.0?).

Elvis