[vtkusers] Version mismatch in Python bindings?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Dec 15 14:28:14 EST 2016

I think you are getting a different VTK module. What does vtk.__file__
return?

The standalone installer by default puts VTK at c:\Program Files\VTK 7.1.0,
and you generally are expected to run it from there. Ie, the version
Kitware supplies is generally incompatible with whatever system install of
Python you might have.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer