[vtkusers] Compute Concave Hull in VTK

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Sat Dec 10 14:43:00 EST 2016

We've tried alpha shapes option of vtkDelanay3D several times but it always failed on our data.

If you need flat brain surface without furrows, one option is to convert your mesh to image and apply morphological opening with 10mm kernel size. If you want to play with this without coding then you can use 3D Slicer's Segmentation module (import your mesh in Segmentations module, select Smoothing effect in Segment editor module, choose Closing (fill holes) effect and set 10mm for kernel size).

Andras