[vtkusers] Distortions in Volumerendering in VR-Mode (HTC Vive)

Alvaro Sanchez alvaro.sanchez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 7 12:14:20 EST 2016

Hi,

I have never tested the GPUVolumeRCMapper with OpenVR but as far as I
remember Ken mentioned some time ago that he encountered a clipping/bbox
related issue when adjusting the volume's orientation and position. Could
you try rendering a volume with an identity matrix set as its
transformation?,  this might give you a hint of what the mapper is doing
wrong.

Cheers,
Alvaro

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:38 AM, polybos <franz at znarfsoft.de> wrote:

> Sebastian Heerwald wrote
> > If I look onto the volume rendering and move around it, there appear
> > "refraction" lines.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot help with this issue but I would also be very
> pleased
> if someone could help here. Or did you, Sebastian, already achieve some
> more
> insights into this problem?
> I also get such distortions on the HTC Vive when using
> vtkVolumeRayCastMapper, while everything seems perfectly well in a
> mesh-only
> rendering.
>
> Does anyone have similar issues? Maybe with Occulus Rift? As far as I
> understand Sebastian just test with a HTC Vive. At least I can only test
> with a HTC Vive.
>

> --

> opensource/opensource.html

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ