[vtkusers] vtkParametricFunction sub-classes in Python

Jack Zentner jack.zentner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:01:46 EDT 2016

David,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

So I'm assuming that the lack of virtual method hooks in the wrappers is
also why I was not able to get my sub-classing hack of vtkParametricBour to
work.  I was hoping that by reimplementing Evaluate, EvaluateScalar and
GetDimension on a Python-based sub-class of vtkParametricBour I could get
it all to work.  Unfortunately it seems the vtkParametricBour.Evaluate() is
being used rather than my Python version.  Is this your understanding as
well?

In the meantime, I guess I'll what I'll try to do is to make a Cython
interface to vtkParametricFunction and create a Cython-based sub-class to
consume my parametric surfaces.  I'm pretty sure this will work although it
has been a little while since I used Cython for interfacing.  If you or
anyone else has any better suggestions, please pass them along.

Thank you again,

jack