[vtkusers] Small question about the camera parallel scale

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Wed Aug 10 03:39:53 EDT 2016

The docs for Get/SetParallelScale says:

"Set/Get the scaling used for a parallel projection, i.e. the height of the
viewport in world-coordinate distances."

But it seems that the parallel scale is actually twice the height of the
viewport in world-coordinate distances. E.g. if I want 1000.0 units in
world-coordinates to be visible in the vertical direction in the viewport,
I should set the parallel scale of the camera to 500.0.

Am I missing something? Or is it just that I don't know the terminology,
what does "height of the viewport" actually mean?

Thanks in advance,
Elvis