[vtkusers] Using Python VTK to add more points, lines on callback

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:04:15 EDT 2015

Hi,

I would like to render lines using a Python callback method and VTK. I
am using the following code snippet as a template:

 http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/GeometricObjects/Display/LongLine

and the follow examples for a callback function:

  http://cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Animation

  http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2010-January/056316.html

Changing the colour of the line using the callback method after 5s
works fine. But, I am not sure how to add more points and lines to the
existing image. My hacked up code is here:

  https://gist.github.com/shakthimaan/588af4b6d0facdf2cc89

How do I incrementally add lines to an existing drawing, and render them?

Appreciate your help in this regard,

Thanks!

SK

--