[vtkusers] Fill interior 3D object

Muhammad Nour mnour.ai at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:52:38 EDT 2015

Dear Alex,

Thank you again.

I'll try it.

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 15:38:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Fill interior 3D object
From: malyushytsky at gmail.com
To: mnour.ai at hotmail.com
CC: vtkusers at vtk.org

You may try to use boolean operations for computing the "stub".
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/BooleanOperationPolyDataFilter
If for example you have sphere and you slice it with a plan.Boolean intersection of such 2 objects will be a polygon you can display ( you probably can use vtkFillHolesFilterto triangulate it )to restore the look of solid after slicing.
Hope this helps,     Alex