[vtkusers] Area of Intersection between a volume and a surface

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jul 23 09:05:18 EDT 2015

Hedieh,

You could try to use vtkBoxClipDataSet [1] to clip parts of your finite
plane away and then compute the area of the plane with vtkMassProperties.
vtkBoxClipDataSet produces an unstructured grid, so you'll likely need a
vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter between it and vtkMassProperties.

HTH,
Cory

[1] http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkBoxClipDataSet.html

--