[vtkusers] Area of Intersection between a volume and a surface

Hedieh Ebrahimi hemla21 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:09:46 EDT 2015

Hi Cory,

Thanks for your reply. I was looking at the Python Bindings for VTK where I
came across the following example.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/GeometricObjects/Display/PolygonIntersection

The example above returns the intersection point of a line with a polygon
if it exists.

Im my case I need to know if a finite plane intersects with a volume (
hexahedron) and if so I will need to calculate the intersectional area.  I
was wondering if this is possible using VTK.

I came across this example regarding Planes Intersection:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/GeometricObjects/Display/PlanesIntersection

But still it is not what I exactly need.  Does anybody know of any classes
that will calculate the intersectional area.

Please find attached an image I am sending with this email.

Best Regards,
Hedieh