[vtkusers] Multiple actors, multiple renderers bug

Drak draktharrblorf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:20:12 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'm having weird bugs with vtk and I would like to know if there is any
workaround.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is this. I have 2 actors (A and B) and 2
renderers (C and D). On the renderer C, I add both actors A and B. On the
second renderer, I add only the actor B.

Everything works fine here : actor A and B are displayed on renderer C, and
actor B on renderer D.

When I remove only the actor B from both renderer, calling
C-­­>removeActor(B) and D->removeActor(B), the actor A will disappear from
the renderer C as well for no reason. The surprising thing is that it is
still in the vtkActorCollection of the renderer when I call C->getActors().

Have any of you tried the same thing? Is there anything I'm maybe doing
wrong? Is there any workaround? I've been on this for days and really can't
find any solution other than to copy my actors 2 times, which I'm trying to
avoid.