[vtkusers] failed to compile LIC under OGL2.

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Jul 6 11:30:11 EDT 2015

On a linux system, my default gcc is 4.8.4. Using the most recent git , I fail to compile the following, although I see clean dashboards elsewhere. Is this a local issue on my system only? :

[ 56%] Building CXX object Rendering/LICOpenGL2/CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingLICOpenGL2.dir/vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D.cxx.o
In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:226:0,
                 from /local/apps/VTK/VTK/Common/System/vtkTimerLog.h:43,
                 from /local/apps/VTK/VTK/Rendering/LICOpenGL2/vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D.cxx:35:
/local/apps/VTK/VTK/Rendering/LICOpenGL2/vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D.cxx: In member function ‘void vtkLICPingPongBufferManager::DettachBuffers(vtkFrameBufferObject2*)’:
/local/apps/VTK/VTK/Rendering/LICOpenGL2/vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D.cxx:599:45: error: second operand to the conditional operator is of type ‘void’, but the third operand is neither a throw-expression nor of type ‘void’
     readTex[0] ? readTex[0]->Deactivate() : NULL;
                                             ^
/local/apps/VTK/VTK/Rendering/LICOpenGL2/vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D.cxx:600:45: error: second operand to the conditional operator is of type ‘void’, but the third operand is neither a throw-expression nor of type ‘void’
     readTex[1] ? readTex[1]->Deactivate() : NULL;
                                             ^
/local/apps/VTK/VTK/Rendering/LICOpenGL2/vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D.cxx:602:47: error: second operand to the conditional operator is of type ‘void’, but the third operand is neither a throw-expression nor of type ‘void’
     writeTex[0] ? writeTex[0]->Deactivate() : NULL;
                                               ^
/local/apps/VTK/VTK/Rendering/LICOpenGL2/vtkLineIntegralConvolution2D.cxx:603:47: error: second operand to the conditional operator is of type ‘void’, but the third operand is neither a throw-expression nor of type ‘void’
     writeTex[1] ? writeTex[1]->Deactivate() : NULL